Vision & Aims
Welcome To Our School
Windermere Primary School is a mixed ability community school with approximately 200 pupils on roll between the ages of 5 and 11. There are 7 classes, one for each year group from Reception to Year 6. Each class has its own teacher and is supported by a trained teaching assistant.
Windermere is a friendly, safe, supportive learning community where we:
- care for each other
- achieve well with pride
- respect others and their values
- enjoy learning and achieving
We are very proud of the community ethos of our school. Woven into every part of our school day is the sense of mutual respect and tolerance for the views and opinions of others. At the beginning of each year each class agrees a code of behaviour and pupils are expected to abide by these rules.
Our House Captains and their deputies are democratically elected at the beginning of the academic year and there are other opportunities for our Year 6 pupils to undertake positions of responsibility within the school such as office admin assistants, librarians and KS1 buddies. The Year 6 pupils also run our weekly circle groups which are vertically grouped (from Reception to Year 6) and offer all pupils from the youngest to the oldest a chance to contribute to the policies and activities of the school.
At Windermere Primary School we aim to:
· Foster a desire to learn and achieve high standards, whilst recognising that everyone is unique and has different strengths.
· Develop self-respect, awareness and sensitivity to others, including religious, moral and cultural diversity and thereby promoting equality in our community.
· Develop the confidence to try new challenges.
· Develop a supportive partnership with parents.