Request for Service
It is important that, prior to a Request for Service, you look carefully at the criteria within the new ‘Guide to Primary SpLD (Literacy & Numbers) Outreach Services’. Access at www.thegrid.org.uk by searching for ‘sen guidance’ in the search box and then clicking on ‘individual pupil guidance & forms’.
We operate a rolling request programme, therefore schools may request our service at any time. To request our service, please complete the attached CSF Service Request Form and send or fax it to us at Windermere SpLD Outreach Service.
It is expected that pupil requests will have already been discussed at a school consultation and the action plan developed at the meeting, been implemented. Although there are no specific National Curriculum levels required for Outreach Service requests. Schools must ensure that they can “demonstrate that the pupil is experiencing specific learning difficulties relating to literacy and/or numeracy, despite systematic and little and often teaching intervention”. Evidence of this intervention will be required.
Request for Service Requirements
- School must ensure they can ‘demonstrate that the pupil is experiencing specific learning difficulties relating to literacy and/or numeracy’.
- That a ‘systematic, little and often’ teaching intervention has already been in place.
- Two consecutive reviewed IEPs/provision maps/pupil passport where appropriate.
- IEP targets must relate to the area of weakness.
- It is expected that most pupil requests will have been discussed with an Outreach Service teacher at a pupil focused consultation.